Melanie’s Sunrise Cereal
Did you know that shop bought cereals are full of sugar, salt and other unrecognisable ingredients. Have a look below how easy and healthy it is to make your own cereal. Feel free to jazz it up as you wish with other fresh, frozen or dried fruit.
- 1 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 4 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- Place oats into blender followed by remainder of ingredients
- Blend until you have a mixture that you have a consistency that you are happy with
Serve with your choice of plant based milk (I prefer soy or homemade almond) or topped with coconut yogurt. Please note that other dried fruit can be added such as goji berries, mulberries etc. Store in fridge for 3-4 days.