This is a perfect anti-pasto to serve with drinks and nibbles at a BBQ, take on a picnic or for lunch boxes. It is so easy to make. The longer your marinade it for, the tastier the mushrooms will be!
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- Sesame/Hemp seeds for sprinkling
- Place mushrooms into bowl. Keep whole if small or pull apart into chunks if large mushrooms
- Combine all other ingredients and mix into mushrooms ensuring that they are all covered with marinade
- Place in fridge for at least 1 hour. I like to leave overnight to maximise all the flavours
- Sprinkle with sesame or hemp seeds before serving
Place into jar and take on picnics or serve at BBQs I have also tried making this without garlic but personally prefer it with garlic Will keep for 7 days in the fridge but I guarantee they won't last that long!