Marinated Baked Tofu
A simple recipe that can be made in advance with some planning. Perfect to add flavour to tofu. It’s so tasty that everyone will enjoy this!
- 250-300 g Organic Tofu, cut into slices (approximately 0.5 cm/0.2 inches)
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespooons Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespooons olive oil
- 1 tablespooons dried oregano
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp garlic
- Cut tofu into slices and add to large bowl
- Combine all marinade ingredients together and add to bowl with tofu, ensuring all tofu is coated
- Leave in fridge for a few hours (I prefer overnight)
- Remove and add tofu and all liquid to baking dish
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Centigrade
- Bake tofu for up to one hour, until all liquid has evaporated/been absorbed into tofu
- Check regularly and turn tofu as required
- Serve immediately or when it has cooled with salad etc.
Can press tofu before use to remove excess fluid (either with tofu press or heavy weight). This allows the tofu to absorb more flavour. Usually I squeeze excess fluid with a clean tea towel and don't find that I need to press it further.