Most shop bought pesto contain cheese. I don’t understand why as it is so unncessary. I finally found a vegan pesto but it had so much oil in it. So I decided to experiment with my own and am totally in love with this recipe. Can be made smooth or chunky depending on your taste. Serve as a main course with pasta, potatoes or roast veggies stirred through or use as a dip and serve with crackers and veggie sticks such as carrots and celery.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2-3 cloves (small) garlic
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil (Add up to 1/2 cup if desired)
- Finely chop kale and garlic
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor
- Blend/pulse until all ingredients mixed
- Continue to blend until desired consistency achieved
I like my pesto quite smooth but it would also work well chunky.