Basil Roasted Carrot and White Bean Dip
This is a cheap and easy to make dip that the whole family will enjoy. Perfect also for a base for sandwiches and wraps.
- 4 large carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil infused with 1 drop basil food grade essential oil*
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 2-12 hours)
- 1 can white/cannellini beans
- Pinch salt
- Chop carrots into small chunks and place on baking tray with half the basil infused olive oil
- Ensure that they are coated in the oil and bake at 180 degrees centigrade for about 15 minutes (until carrots start to go soft)
- In blender add cooked carrots (and oil from tray), tinned beans, cashews, salt and the remainder of the olive oil
- Blend until thoroughly combined
- Serve with crackers or other veggies
*Please note that I only use and recommend doTERRA essential oils This freezes really well-which is great because this recipe makes a lot!!