Almond Milk-so easy to make with a little bit of planning (soaking your nuts overnight). And all you really need is nuts and water. So simple and nutritious. Almonds are a great source of protein, Vitamin E, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper and manganese.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 litre filtered water (plus extra for soaking almonds)
- Dash of himalayan salt
- Squirt of lemon juice (to preserve it longer)
- Couple of dates
- Vanilla Bean
- Soak the almonds for at least 8 hours in a bowl of filtered water
- Rinse and drain and place in high speed food processer with 1 litre of water and pinch of salt
- Can add dates, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla bean at this stage
- Blend on high speed for approximately one minute
Will keep for up to 4-5 days in fridge. Optional Place through nut bag to separate nut pulp from liquid. I keep as it is and just shake it when ready to use. If using in tea etc, might be better to separate.